When things begin to unravel in the family unit and conflict and discord become the default behavioural pattern, it becomes easy to play the “blame game”. Every member of the family unit has viewpoints as to who created the mess. The accusations and finger pointing do not tend to yield positive outcomes. All family members have impact on the family system. It is important to ascertain how our individual behavioural patterns affect our own path and all other members’ paths.
The foundation of our approach to family coaching is comprised of:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Motivational Interviewing
- Developmental Assets
- Stages of Change Model
- Harm Reduction
Some of our guiding beliefs:
- Resilience skill sets can be enhanced.
- Emotional intelligence can be increased.
- Old, established and ineffective patterns of behaviour can be replaced.
- Change is inevitable and it is far more energizing and fun to have a role in creating change, rather than waiting for it to happen. You can be the change you want to see and everyone will play a meaningful role in changing the home environment.